We love spotlighting our favorite Ashland restaurants! Today we’re spotlighting Smithfields Restaurant & Bar. This popular Ashland restaurant is known for its “nose-to-tail” dining and in-house charcuterie.
About Smithfields Restaurant
Smithfields Restaurant & Bar specializes in “nose-to-tail” cuisine. What does this mean? It’s the belief that you should use every possible part of the animal. This way, nothing goes to waste. It also means more delicious dishes for you to try! Smithfields also locally sources their meat, fish, produce, beer, and wine. This way, when you dine here, you’re helping support local suppliers.
Smithfields’ menu is full of delicious options you’ll love! Here are some of our favorites for brunch, dinner, and dessert.
- FM fritata
- 3 eggs, portobello mushroom, butternut squash, spinach, rosemary, cheddar, fromage blanc, toast
- The Smithfields
- 2 eggs, sausage pattie, duck fat fried potato cake, bbq beans, toast
- Shrimp Po’ boy
- cornmeal dusted shrimp, lettuce, tomato jam, chipotle lime aioli, hoagie roll
- Charcuterie board
- rabbit rillette, chicken liver parfait, bacon, duck prosciutto, salami, beef jerky, pickles, mustard, crackers
- Cider-braised pork belly
- bacon-braised collard greens, mash potato, apple chutney, cider jus
- Pan seared scallops
- wild mushroom risotto, pickled fennel, pea shoots
- Char-grilled 12 oz ribeye
- horseradish mash, cornmeal onion rings, smoked blue cheese butter, Worcestershire sauce
- Buttermilk 1/4 fried chicken
- mash, chives, crimini gravy
- Vanilla bean crème brulée
- Pumpkin bread pudding
- vanilla bean marscapone, bourbon caramel sauce
At Smithfields Restaurant, you can get many bottled beers and British brews. They also serve specialty cocktails. Here are some of our favorites:
- Piper Hiedsick Champagne, Hennessey, brown sugar, bitters, cherry
- The “SOHO”
- In house strawberry infused Gin, lemon juice, Cointreau, Prosecco float, lemon twist
- “SF” Cosmo
- Organic Nation Vodka, organic limeade, lime juice, organic pomegranate puree, Cointreau, Pama liqueur
Let us know what you think of Smithfields Restaurant & Bar next time you stay at The Bard’s Inn.