We love highlighting our favorite Ashland restaurants. This week, we’re spotlighting Hearsay in Ashland. This restaurant is perfect after an evening play at the Oregon Cabaret Theater or the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. If you want to keep your fun evening going, check out Hearsay Ashland for great cocktails and food.
The atmosphere of Hearsay pays homage to Ashland’s theater scene. This makes sense, since it is in the same building as the Oregon Cabaret Theater. The upper level of the building is the theater, and the lower level is where you’ll find Hearsay. They also have a gorgeous multi-tiered garden. This 1930s-inspired atmosphere is warm and inviting, and unique to Hearsay Ashland.
Hearsay provides a modern twist to American cuisine and cocktails. Overall, this restaurant creates an experience that will leave you telling your friends how much you love Hearsay Ashland.
Hearsay’s modern American menu features incredible dishes for dinner, dessert, and small plates. In the warmer months, Hearsay also offers brunch on their patio.
Some of our favorite items include:
- Spicy calamari
- House-made Szechuan sauce, shaved scallions, fresh lime
- House-ground sliders
- Tillamook white cheddar, Hearsay sauce, shaved lettuce
- Ash-dusted scallops
- Giant scallops, green romesco, orange cumin crema, tomato confit, Spanish olives
- Eggplant, zucchini, King Trumpet mushrooms, butternut squash, seasonal vegetables, organic brown rice
- Hazelnut-crusted steelhead
- Columbia River steelhead, seasonal sautéed vegetables, organic brown rice with wilted arugula, citrus glaze
- RR ranch ribeye steak
- Rogue Valley farmers’ market vegetables, buttermilk mashed potatoes, pink peppercorn demi-glace
- Chocolate crème brûlée
- Caramelized sugar top, macerated berries
- Bourbon pecan pie
- House-made vanilla bean ice cream
Hearsay Ashland believes in the power of the cocktail. They use fresh, seasonally available ingredients to elevate their drinks. As with their food, Hearsay’s cocktail menu also features several classics and twists on classics.
Some of our favorite cocktails include:
- Hearsay Spritz
- St. George Americano, Cointreau, orange juice, fennel, prosecco
- Monkey Jam
- Monkey Shoulder blended Scotch, Runnymede Farm berry jam, lemon juice, orange bitters, fresh mint
- East LA Story
- House horchata, Zacapa rum, Becherovka, Peychaud’s bitters, lime
- Le Negociant
- Byrrh, St-Germain elderflower, cachaça, lemon juice
- Coffee Boulevardier
- Woodford Reserve bourbon, Carpano Antica, Bruto Americano, coffee, chocolate bitters
- Kirk and Sweeney 12-year rum, Bitter Truth apricot liqueur, Angostura bitters, Demerara vanilla orange syrup
- Beefeater gin, Chartreuse Green, orange bitters, Carpano Antica
- Oaxaca Old Fashioned
- Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, agave, Herradura Reposado tequila, chocolate bitters
Happy Hour: 4:30pm – 5:30pm every day in the lounge
Wednesday – Monday: 4:30pm – 9pm
40 S. First Street
Ashland, Oregon 97520